Monday, August 07, 2006

Responses to Comments & Observations

By Ben and Alicia
Thank you so much for you responses- Keep them coming! It makes us feel encouraged and loved...

Michael- You asked what else they would drink at a restsaurant besides water. This is what I mean when I say they are crazy about coffee. That's literally all anyone drinks here. Coffee, coffee, coffee. Thank you so much for adding us to the prayer list back home. You are a blessing and a joy.

Kevin- Have you thought about getting drunk on campus? Might not be quite the same as cigarettes, but it would probably be a funny story to tell us when we get home.

Mom Nixon- No, it won't cost us anything if you call us here. The best time is late at night, so sometime between 2pm and 3pm Colorado time. We love you! Thanks for faithfully reading!

Dad- They do have headlights on the cars here. We've only seen a car drive on the wrong side of the road once (although, if you measure it by American standards, they all drive on the wrong side of the road and we've only seen one car on the right side of the road.) We lov you and miss you.

Mom Eakins- We love you! Send lots of love to baby Ellie and wich D&G Good luck for us! We love you, and thank you for your faithful reading as well!

Jenny Lloyd- Here's your shout-out!

Kellie- I'll probably come home with that new hairdo we talked about. You know me too well!

Alex- Tell Matthew that I was borderline dehydrated last night (don't worry moms- I've had lots of water and now I'm fine) but I didn't drink my own pee. Then tell him that I love him. Then tell him to tell you that I love you.

G&G Hathaway- We find ourselves thankful for Ben's Bretheren upbringing that firmly founded him in the Word. The PB is well-known here and the first thing everybody says is "They know the word." What an amazing legacy. Thank you.

Observations:

It's steadily been around high 40's to mid 50's since we've been here. Nobody has central heating. They just wear warmer clothes. We're such American sissies.

When we were chatting with Lorbi (see "Smell of life..." blog), the first thing she asked, when she found out we were from America, was "Do they have shacks there?" (i.e. Squatter camps). For the life of me, I (Alicia) couldn't understand what she was saying, and thought that she kept asking if we had 'Sex' in America. I repeated it back- we had a good laugh and then I told here that we definitely had Sex in America- and probably way too much of it. Hah!

Ben does a lot of smiling and nodding since he can't understand what most people are saying. Alicia translates for him once they leave.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Al and Ben, its Rosie. I am a little slow to jump on the blog band wagon. I have enjoyed reading your comments and have been praying for you! Have fun! Roseanne

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home